Ways to Foster, Nurture, and
Manage an Innovative Workplace
- Take the mystery out of creativity:
Define what it means.
- Discover how individuals are most creative:
Ask for their input.
- Define challenges specifically: Focus
on areas where you need creative solutions.
- Minimize fear of failure: Regard
mistakes as learning opportunities.
- Embrace play: Give people opportunities
to master play skills.
- Take personal responsibility: Develop
an organizational climate for innovation.
- Set a tone through your attitude: Show
people that you are for them.
- Remember that innovative behavior does not
happen spontaneously: Provide tools.
- Encourage active communications: Use
hot lines among groups for quick exchanges.
- Allow incubation: Give adequate time
for ideas to develop and mature.
- Facilitate action: Provide ready
channels through which creative ideas convert to work plans.
- Link innovation to business goals:
Leverage change with creativity.
- Set an example: Enhance your own
creative skills and behavior.
From Thunderbolt Thinking:
Surge, Vol. 3 No. 1
Did you miss last month's tip? No problem, just click on the
archived tip here!
Be sure to come back
next month for more free tips!!